Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Kite Tank


Finally, after making several bite sized duplicates of the kite tank, I had taken the measurements and ensured that everything is correctly done so it can be made properly and not by eye.

Yesterday I had taken the time to buy thick mounting board and also thin cardboard to start my life sized replica. It took me a total of 4 hours to finish correcting the blow up ratios and calculations. Made the guide piece for making the curves of the main kite and completed cutting out the template.

After which, I had transferred the templates onto the mounting board and started cutting everything up.

After a log of mounting with sticky tape, I finished it off and started making the front plate. It would seem my calculations had worked out just fine. Being 4 am, I was too tired to actually finish the bottom plate.

Well, the length of the tank is 63cm. a little wide in the front but I like it. Now, to make sure the frame is the way I want it.


 











By Vy

No comments:

Post a Comment