Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Who am I?





Welcome to the first posting of my new blog. This blog will be a personal place to park my bike ideas, dreams and to lock down any information of the progress of my bike. I was planning to open the "chop shop" when I was almost ready to send my bike to be chopped.

Simple intro:

Anyway, back to my topic, who am I? I am Vyraz, pronounced virus. I have been on the online car and bike scene for a long time here in Malaysia. My real name is not used therefore there is no need for it right now. I have a thing for modifications, not just cars or bikes but anything I can get my hands on. I am the leader of a small mixed vehicle group called the Midnight Club. Probably one of the very few mixed vehicle club in my country. I am also a partner for the blog Bees Knees Bobber, another local blog about the chopper/bobber scene in Malaysia

Dayjob:

By night I am a vigilante fighting crime around Kuala Lumpur in my dreams (not really, I prefer being the bad guy)…

Well I wish all that were true, the fact is, I am a Service Desk Analyst working with an international non profit organization supporting a different country regarding IT issues and business related solutions. In a nutshell, I'm the IT dude. Technically, its my Night job because I support countries that are about 6 hours away from us so I work from evenings to past midnight.

Nightjob:

Generally when I have any free time, I do several different things… from gaming to drawing out ideas to hatching schemes of world domination. Scratch that last one. But when I have a lot on my mind, I cut, solder, paint etc. I need to do something with my hands and this usually happens in the middle of the night after I come home from work.

History:

I started out driving my moms Beemer. It was discreetly modded for some speed till I drifted into a parked car while leaving to have breakfast with a friend. Then I was banned from driving ever.

Later on in life, I needed some form of transportation was given the shittiest bike on earth. It was a 90cc 2 stroke piece of crap that got me from point A to point B some of the time. Most of the time I was wasting what little money I earned working in a crappy company fixing the dang thing.

Then I got enough money to buy a proper bike, still a 2 stroke but this was racing breed in Malaysia back then. I had some friends that was into the moped modifying scene which introduced me to the sickness. I later on moved up in the world transforming my 120cc bike to a fully tricked out drag race only gas guzzler. When I got a new job, travelling from my house to my new job was quite far, and since the bike was a race bike, it didn't handle very well with long trips and eventually gave up.

I had later on moved on and bought what is known as a Modenas Jaguh, also known as a Kawasaki Boss or Eliminator 175 whom I have aptly named Grim (one of 2 vehicles; the other named Reaper). Why did I do this? Simple, because I wasn't much of a fan for sports bikes anyway and I did see the potential the bike had. Me being a nut for modifiying, this small yet uninteresting bike was modded to go fast and ride stable. After relocating to Kuala Lumpur for work, I had rode for some time till there were some charging issues with the battery. Hence it was abandoned for a year till October last year.

For now, this is all I have right now, but will be writing up about the bike build and stuff later on.

Once again, I would like to welcome you to Chop Shop.


Grim Then

Grim Before Being Chopped

Grim In Process




By Vy

No comments:

Post a Comment